Friday, December 24, 2010

In the snow globe

Snow snow snow. This year, Germany is so snowed in. 30cm only last night....and there has been a ton of snow already. I can't remember when we had so much snow at last. I am not able to use my car. And I don't know, how to reach my Moms home for christmas eve today. She lives in our neighbour-city, 40 km away. I hope we'll get there by train...if there's still a train.

We have a huuuuge christmas tree in our city, that consists of 1.700 Norway spruces. Although it looks really I great, I find it sad to cut down so many trees only for the 4 or 5 weeks, the christmas tree is standing in our downtown.




A few days ago, my sister and I baked some scones. We would so much like to go to Britain again. Can't wait to be there...hopefully next year. We ate the scones with cherry-jam and self-made clotted cream and drank some black tea with milk. Felt very british ;)
During a trip to Cologne two weeks ago, I bought some chai latte at the English Store there.




Now I will pack my bags and try to catch a train to my Mom for christmas eve. Hope you will all have some relaxed christmas days with your family and friends.

xo, Mel

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! love the pictures. :)
    -Rylie from www.rylierenee.com

    ReplyDelete